We are excited to announce the TCTC April and May Students of the Month. These deserving students will receive a gift card to Café 528 for their hard work and dedication this school year!
- Katie Barrackman of Chalker High School is a junior in the Cosmetology program. She was nominated for Student of the Month by her English teacher, Mrs. Wilson. Katie has gotten nothing but straight A's for me this year. Even when she was sick and missed several days, she still turned her work in. She has a wonderful work ethic and helps other students out as well.
- Caleb Carlson of Lakeview High School is a senior in the Engineering Technology program. He was nominated for Student of the Month by his program teacher, Mrs. Fleming for being such an incredible person. He is bright, wise, talented, and kind. Caleb has a wonderful work ethic, balancing his school work with a job, as well as participating in sports. He is an engineering class officer, as well as the Treasurer for the local SkillsUSA chapter.
- Jeff Christy of Mineral Ridge High School is a junior in the HVAC-R program. Jeff was nominated for Student of the Month by Mrs. Mock and Mrs. Sommers for being one of the most upbeat, positive students, and for working so hard all year. Not only does Jeff give his best in all assignments, but Jeff is also one of the kindest and most respectful students.
- Jordan Elswick of Mineral Ridge High School is a senior in the Public Safety program. He was nominated for Student of the Month by his program teacher Mr. Cerenelli. Jordan rose above the academic, physical and social high school norm. He is confident, capable, ready to achieve and possesses the necessary skillset to do so. Jordan is a focused, natural leader with a winning attitude who knew he wanted to be a Firefighter/EMT from the day he arrived on campus.
- Jeremiah Franklin of Liberty Local Schools is a junior in the Engineering Technology program. Jeremiah was nominated for Student of the Month by his science teacher, Mr. Panak. Jeremiah has improved steadily throughout the year and achieved his goal of earning a higher letter grade in the third nine weeks!
- Makayla Marro of Howland High School is a senior in the Pre-Nursing: Phlebotomy Tech program. She was nominated for Student of the Month by her program teacher because of her hard work and determination for success. Makayla passed her STNA test on the first attempt. She is a hardworking student who also works 35-40 plus hours a week at a local nursing home. She just recently transitioned from working in dietary to working as an STNA. Makayla is a kind, caring and good-hearted person. She will enjoy much success in her life due to her strong work ethic.
- Monique Myers is a senior of Girard High School in the Visual Design & Imaging program. She was nominated for Student of the Month by Ms. Stark for being such a kind person. Monique is always willing to help other students when they are stuck on an assignment. She is very detailed in her graphic design assignments, and also well organized in helping compile this year's TCTC yearbook. She has future professional goals for herself that will lead to a successful career.
- Rhys Russell of Lakeview High School is a senior in the Engineering Technology program. He was nominated for Student of the Month by his program teacher, Mrs. Fleming for being an incredibly ambitious and intelligent person. Rhys is an organizer and a doer. He can view a series of tasks, identify the resources and manpower necessary, and get the task done. Rhys is also an engineering class officer, SkillsUSA local officer, and a valuable member of the class.
- Konner Sarver of LaBrae High School is a junior in the Air Force JROTC program. Konner was nominated for Student of the Month by his program teachers for his drive and self-motivation that have propelled him to take control of and responsibility for his academic success! Konner is a member of the program’s recycling team and has dedicated time to cleaning up the parking lot recycling area.
- Ken Swager of Bristol High School is a senior in the Electrical Technology program. He was nominated for Student of the Month by his program teacher, Mr. Taylor. Ken is a conscientious hard-working student. He maintains honor roll status and carries a strong GPA. He is a sponge when it comes to learning and always wants more. Whenever Mr. Taylor needs help in the classroom, Ken is always one of the first to volunteer.
- John Terry of Mineral Ridge High School is a senior in the Interactive Multimedia program. He was nominated for Student of the Month by his program teacher, Mr. Doran. John has always had an amazing attitude, but he has greatly transformed his level of engagement and confidence since starting at TCTC. John is a leader and his positivity is a force to be reckoned with. He is the first to volunteer to help any student in lab and will go out of his way to assist another student even if it isn’t his main strength.
Congratulations again to all of these outstanding students!